MBBS Admission in Abroad
Looking to study MBBS in another country? It's a great career choice but requires good preparation, and it is important to understand why students choose other countries to study for MBBS program?
India has a great deficit of Doctors: the World Health Organization (WHO) sets the minimum ratio at 1: 1000, while it is 1:1700 in India. There are very limited seats for admission in Indian public institutions, and sometimes private institutions' total costs for doing MBBS actually surpasses what one needs to pay for MBBS education in the US, the UK or other European countries.
There are a lot of Eastern European and Asian countries, such as Europe, China, the Philippines, Kyrgyzstan, which have been alternative places to study MBBS abroad. Indian students have been going to these destinations for decades now, and making successful medical careers. However, Europe has always been a favorite of Indian students, mostly because of the diplomatic relations that support both countries.
Here are some reasons why Indian students opt for MBBS admission abroad:
1. There are very few medical seats available in Indian MBBS Colleges.In 2019 alone, nearly 12.38 lac aspirants appeared in NEET 2017 (UG) for approx. 63,000 MBBS seats in India.
2. Taking MBBS Admission abroad is easy and hassle free as there is no need to write any entrance exam.
3. MBBS from abroad is approved by Medical Council of India and students can practise in India after clearing the MCI Screening Test (Foreign Medical Graduate Examination).
4. MBBS from abroad is economical and as compared to studying in private medical colleges in India.
5. MBBS admission abroad is possible in countries like Ukraine, China, Russia, Kyrgyz Republic etc.
6. Indian students prefer Government Medical Universities in above countries while opting for MBBS admission abroad as these Universities are globally recognized and their degrees are recognized worldwide.
Why do Indian Students go for MBBS Abroad?
Indian students find international universities:
- - Affordable (cheaper than Indian Medical Colleges)
- Quality Education (better than Indian Medical Colleges)
- Degree recognized worldwide
- MCI Approved
- Reasonable cost
- Safe & Secure
- Indian Food / Mess available in many Universities